The media package includes the teacher instructions for the experiment „Water purification“. In addition, it includes further media and a link list related to the overall topic of the experiment. Die Materialien sind auch indeutscher Sprache im Lernobjekt "Experimento | 8+: B2 Wasserreinigung" verfügbar (siehe "Auswahl verwandter Medien").
- Geographie -> Geoökologie -> Umweltprobleme
- Grundschule -> Sachkunde -> Umwelterziehung -> Wasser und Abwasser
- Umweltgefährdung, Umweltschutz -> Wasser
Herausgeber Siemens Stiftung Kaiserstraße 16 80801 München E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
CC BY-SA 4.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode)
OER Global Logo von Jonathas Mello: CC BY 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/legalcode)
Inhalt - B2 Water purification (teacher instructions) The teacher instructions include information on the following: the main question, relevance to the curriculum, skills, notes on conducting the subexperiments, the research group, further research assignments, and the reference to technology. The experiment comprises three subexperiments: • Purifying water with soil • Making substances dissolved in water visible • Filtering soluble substances from water The students will be sensitized to the topic of water. They will learn that some contaminants are not visible to the human eye and yet pose a danger. They will deal with the meaning of water pollution for animals and the entire ecosystem. In addition, within this overall topic the students will address possibilities for purifying water polluted with various contaminants and learn about a simple test method for checking water quality.
- B2.1 Purifying water with soil (student instructions) Detailed instructions and questions for students on conducting the subexperiment - B2.2 Making substances dissolved in water visible (student instructions) Detailed instructions and questions for students on conducting the subexperiment - B2.3 Filtering soluble substances from water (student instructions) Detailed instructions and questions for students on conducting the subexperiment - B2.3 Filtering soluble substances from water – Tracking down technology (worksheet) Technical applications as a supplement to subexperiment 3 “Filtering soluble substances from water” of the experimentation instructions - B2.3 Filtering soluble substances from water – Tracking down technology (answer sheet) Answer sheet for the technology module in the experimentation instructions of the same name - B2.3 Filtering soluble substances from water – Tracking down technology (information sheet) This document explains the use and function of a household tap water filter and a UV module for disinfecting water in a sewage plant.
Material from the media package "Water quality experiments" - Water: Water quality experiments (teacher information) In the lower classes of secondary schools, students in STEM subjects also grapple with the topic of water. Learning through research can be encouraged with the following four subexperiments:
- Water 1: Do all substances dissolve in water? (student instructions) - Water 2: We clean water (student instructions) - Water 3: Detect invisible substances in water 1 (student instructions) - Water 4: Detect invisible substances in water 2 (student instructions)
- Worksheet for Experimento | 8+ (blank template) The students can use this blank template during the experiment to record their results and observations. - UV module (Photo) UV module for disinfecting water in a sewage plant (physical post-treatment) - Water filter (household) (Photo) A household tap water filter is being filled with water at the tap. - Safety information for Experimento | 8+ (poster)
- Educational-didactic introduction – Experimento | 8+ This document explains the basic educational concept of Experimento | 8+ and the methodology behind the worksheet. - Safety information on the topic of the environment – Experimento | 8+ The teacher should carefully read the safety information before the experiment is conducted and discuss it with the students!
Serienbeschreibung Die Serie stellt Materialien aus dem Medienportal der Siemens Stiftung zur Verfügung und gibt somit auch einen Überblick über die dort vorhandenen Medienpakete. Zur Nutzung der über den externen Link erreichbaren OER-Materialien bedarf es keiner Registrierung. Für andere Bereiche des Medienportals der Siemens Stiftung ist eine solche ggf. notwendig.
Handhabung Notes: - German safety regulations were observed for all experiments. For this reason, you should observe the safety regulations valid in your country and state. -The instructions are taken from Experimento, the educational program of Siemens Stiftung. For more information see “Experimento: Make the classroom your laboratory” in the media portal. - All materials mentioned in the instructions will have to be purchased directly from commercial sources.